Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 2 Wrap Up (little late)


Had a rough time eating within an hour of waking this morning. When I get up so early and have so much to do before the kids get up, eating breakfast sort of gets shoved back. Then, my brother came over and gabbed for a couple hours. Didn't eat until after 11! Oops, I'll have to work on that. The funny part of it was: I wasn't hungry. Strange for me.
5:30 AM Coffee with half & half and cinnamon
11:15 AM threw together some leftover ingredients in a skillet: 3 oz chicken, 1/2 cup black beans, mushrooms, kale, and a roma tomato. With some onion, garlic, and a little olive oil. Sprinkle of cayenne pepper. May have just been hungry, but yum!
1:00 2 hard boiled eggs.
3:30 roast beef and a ton of sauerkraut. 
7:00 PM Chicken and black bean chili recipe from M&F hers. Bad pic, but SO freaking yum. Wanted to celebrate the New Year the way I plan to spend it: deliciously healthy!
He DOES say dry red wines are allowed ;) OK, so I had 3 glasses instead of the 2 he limits it to. Meh, it was New Years!

Overall another good day I think. Felt good. Didn't feel hungry or deprived. Hadn't had wine all year! Went to bed at 10 and didn't make the new year though, lol.
I find myself more inspired to cook on this plan. Not really sure why, but hubby is loving the recipes I'm trying. Even the kids aren't complaining, score! It's only day 2, but I have to say I am enjoying what I'm eating--yum squared.
Oh yes, and had 4 liters of water, thirsty today. No workout, rest day, I did do a few jump squats because with the snow I've been cooped up for 2 days. Ya, I like jump squats...doesn't everyone?!

2 comments:

  1. Wait what...you can have red wine on this! That plan is looking better and better. Are you getting these recipes from the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, awesome right? Mostly in the book he just gives you the foods, ingredients to play with and repeat. The recipes I've found so far (the turkey sausage stew and chicken black bean chili) are from Muscle & Fitness hers. The rest I've just made up.

    ReplyDelete