Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 8--Higher Calorie Day--Wrap Up

What I learned from this day:  The junk I think I want so bad, once I have it, isn't that great.

Finally! My beloved Coach's Oats. Had for breakfast at 5 am. With one scoop white chocolate whey protein and a sliced banana. Yum squared. I consider this a perfectly healthy breakfast and it is typically (pre-4 hour body) what I would choose on a daily basis. I miss this the most on this plan.
These were the donut holes my Grandma brought that I thought looked so yummy. I took one bite and threw the rest away. YUCK. it like coated the roof of my mouth, lard? Grossed me out.
9 AM the boys and I went to Starbucks. I had banana bread and a triple shot white chocolate mocha....WITH whipped cream. Not gonna lie, this was good. Little sugar overload though.
After Starbucks the boys and I went grocery shopping and then to the library. On the way home I had the urge, like MUST HAVE PROTEIN NOW. 11 AM I stopped at Safeway and all they had was this. It was not in the cooler and I prefer the regular muscle milk. But I downed it and felt better.
1 PM lunch was a peanut butter sandwich on thin buns with a handful of BBQ popchips. This was what I really wanted. Hit the spot.
2 PM 3 scoops peanut butter cup ice cream. Funny, I remember LOVING this stuff. It was kind of like meh, this is good, but fantastic? Not really. Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

3:30 PM coffee with cream and cinnamon.

7 PM dinner was a chicken sandwich and french fries. Another sounded good, then I tasted it and thought: I really liked this? I took off most of the bread because it was soggy and didn't finish the fries. I think I would have been just as happy with a big salad with ranch dressing. Live and learn.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted what you ate for your 'cheat' day. I was hoping you would. It's amazing how things taste after we have been eating well, isn't it? The first time I had a french fry after doing a similar program last year, it tasted like straight oil. Unfortunately I toughed it out until they tasted like fries again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday was our "refeeding day" and I experienced the same exact thing...the bread that I used to sooo adore, well, somehow it was just not that appealing. Bought a brownie at Starbucks, took one bite and gave the rest to my hubby. This is just downright strange behavior for me!

    ReplyDelete