Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Going Primal Days 9, 10 and 11. Plus 5k Recap



Got days 9 and part of 10 on the vlog, took day 11 off from vlogging.

Things are going fantastic. I'm excited to see what my weigh in is tomorrow. I feel thinner. My clothes fit looser. I feel great. Really enjoying Primal.

My 5k however was HORRIBLE. OK, it wasn't that bad, but it WAS pitiful. It let me know just how much I have let my fitness go over the summer. Not that I haven't been working out, but it's been hit and miss, definitely much less than needed for me to be at the level of fitness I'm happy with. My race time was 38+ minutes, which for me is not good. My fastest 5k was 32 and change. I was just too out of shape, my lungs couldn't keep up. I had such a great training plan, but just didn't follow through with it. But, I'm taking that as my little wake up call and hitting it hard getting back at it.

I'm back to planning my workouts. I like the structure. Not that it's rigid and I can't change things up if I feel like it any particular day, but I find that a plan WORKS for me. I'm going to start out just planning a week at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment