Monday, September 5, 2011

Days 1 and 2 of Going Primal


I posted this video (along with my starting stats) on my main blog, but wanted to go ahead and do a regular tracking post over here.

I'm excited to add back in a few things I missed on my hardcore 30 days of Paleo. LOVING having the organic whipping cream for my coffee. Also, I'm glad to have some whey protein smoothies back. I went back to my Jay Robb Whey Protein. It seemed to fit the suggestions from The Primal Blueprint best (other than Primal Fuel that he sells of course). It's whey protein isolate with as little junk as possible. Those two things are the only things much different from my Paleo eating so far. But they're also much enjoyed!

I'm just a few days in, but so far so good. (Oh, and the pancake in the video was an utter failure, will try again!) Still feeling great. I think the scale may actually be moving finally! Not that I was worried about that ;)

I'm going to try and stick as true to Primal workouts as I can, but I really ENJOY workout DVDs so I will be throwing a lot of those in whether they are what everyone would consider 'primal' or not. I think for the weights workouts and intense workouts he discusses they will work for me. He discusses striving for variety, my goal is to not repeat a workout DVD all month! I think I can stick to the basic purposes of the workouts he discusses while being creative with what I have and enjoy.

I took off tracking for the long weekend. I did two long walks. 6.2 miles on Saturday and 5 miles on Monday. In The Primal Blueprint Mark Sisson suggests really upping your lower level activity (walking, hiking, etc) in trying to lose weight. Will it help me? We'll see Wednesday! That's my first weigh in day.

No comments:

Post a Comment